Finding the right mattress to suit your body and your needs can seem challenging. Different mattresses are better for different types of sleepers, but the many mattress reviews out there can help to guide you in the right direction. Here are some of the top mattresses to consider based on your sleep habits.
Best Mattresses for Back Sleepers
People who sleep on their back are the easiest to please when it comes to mattresses; any mattress type can accommodate these sleepers. You will probably want a mattress that is in the middle when it comes to firmness, as a mattress that is too firm or too soft could cause issues with your back alignment. The following brands are the best for back sleepers.
- Recharge 850 Firm Mattress from Simmons Beautyrest:This mattress is 10.5″ thick with 13.5 gauge coils. There are 850 coils in the queen size and 1,127 in the King size. This mattress is firmer than the other mattresses in this category and is ideal for back sleepers. Buy this mattress at any store selling Simmons Beautyrest mattresses, or online at the Simmons website: http://www.beautyrest.com/.
- Firm Mattress with 4.5″ Foundation by Saatva:Saatva’s mattresses are made with steel coils that are in two layers. The bottom layer is a connected coil, while the top layer is made of individual coils. Their firm mattress is perfect for those who sleep on their backs or prefer a firmer mattress. They offer a 75-day in-home trial before you have to decide to keep or return the mattress. You can purchase this mattress and others online at http://www.saatvamattress.com/.
- Leesa Mattress:This mattress is great for back sleepers despite it being a foam mattress. It provides the ultimate combination of support and comfort. It is a 10″ mattress and is made with three layers of high quality foam: a bottom layer of support foam, a middle layer of memory foam and a top layer of cooling foam for ultimate comfort. It is covered with a lyrca fabric for a soft, comfy feeling. Feel free to look at the Leesa website for purchasing options: https://www.leesa.com/products/leesa-mattress.
Best Mattresses for Side Sleepers
Side sleepers need a softer mattress than other sleepers, as the mattress needs to conform to the body of the sleeper. Memory foam, innerspring or mattresses with thick, soft toppers are the best for those who sleep on their side.
- Raegan Ultra Plush Hybrid Recharge by Simmons Beautyrest:This hybrid mattress is truly the best of both worlds, as it contains a bottom support layer of 1,000 individual coils and energy foam, a middle, contouring layer of gel and memory foam and is finally topped by another layer of memory foam that is designed to cool you while you sleep. As a side sleeper, this bed will contour perfectly to your shape and you will sink in for a perfect night’s sleep. This mattress is sold at any stores that sell Beautyrest mattresses as well as online.
- Tranquil Gel with Natural Tencel Memory Foam Mattress from Bed in A Box:This mattress is for side sleepers who prefer a slightly firmer mattress. It is made with a thick layer of support foam, which is topped with their signature “CoolRest” gel-infused memory foam. They offer a 120-day in-home trial before deciding whether you want to keep or return the bed for a refund. Bed in A Box states that this mattress is “skin-friendly” and therefore is great for those with sensitive skin. This mattress can be bought using the company’s “Find a Retailer” feature or on their website at https://www.bedinabox.com/mattresses.php.
- Brooklyn Bedding’s Soft Mattress:This mattress is soft and comfy. It starts with 6 inches of convoluted poly foam for support followed by 2 inches of latex, 2 inches of cool, responsive latex and topped off with a quilted cotton cover that is both flexible and breathable. You can buy this mattress online at http://www.brooklynbedding.com/product/best-mattress-ever/.
Best Mattresses for Stomach Sleepers
The majority of stomach sleepers prefer a firmer mattress because it offers the most support and can lessen backaches caused by stomach sleeping. However, there are stomach sleepers who prefer a softer mattress, and if you fall into this category be sure to buy a mattress that is made with high quality foam that offers both comfort and support, or buy a mattress with a thin top layer, like a pillow-top.
- Recharge 800 Pillowtop from Simmons Beautyrest:This is a 13.5″ thick mattress and has 800 coils in the Queen size and 1,046 in the King size. It has individually wrapped coils that help lessen how much partners feel each other move. It has a pillow top layer for added comfort and provides maximum back support. You can buy this at a variety of mattress stores that sell Simmons mattresses.
- Hybrid Kingsthorne Plush Mattress from Sealy Posturepedic:This mattress is 14.5 inches thick and is half foam and half springs. It also has individually wrapped coils to lessen the feeling of your partner’s movement. This mattress gives both comfort and support, helping you to sleep better, longer. This particular mattress is available at mattress stores as well as online at http://www.sealy.com/mattresses.
- The Casper Mattress:Casper offers one mattress in all the different sizes, and this mattress is perfect for stomach sleepers. It is soft and bouncy, but won’t smother you or heat you up while you sleep on your stomach. It is a 10″ mattress with three layers of foam: a support layer made of polyurethane foam to provide durability, a middle layer of visco elastic memory foam that provides pressure point relief and finally a layer of latex that adds just the perfect amount of bounce! You can buy this mattress from the Casper company website at https://casper.com/mattresses.